All for the want of a nail

A famous nursery rhyme (at least in England) came to mind when I found myself riding without a bolt on the panier frame on my bike. The load metallic sound that came with every bump made me think my entire bike was falling apart, but it wasn't anything too terrible, as you can see. One new bolt later, and I was back on the road.

For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

2 comments:

Gregg Stern said...

Sounds scary, Richard.

I'm not familar with the term "panier frame," however.

In fact, when I entered the term into Google, your blog came up sixth!

Richard Dale said...

Of course - it should be spelt panNier frame (with two Ns)!